Welcome to the Matlock Area U3A
To find more information about the MAU3A and the local area as a new visitor or what’s happening if you are an existing member you can either choose from the full set of dropdown menu items above or select any of the shortcut buttons below.
The Matlock Mole
Uncovering group activities
Keeping in touch with our groups.
With the easing of lock down restrictions many of our groups are meeting again in small groups – both outside and inside.
Garden group enjoying a pre-Covid visit to Wentworth Gardens. From coach trips to gardens far afield, to visits to our own members’ gardens, the garden group loves to share plants and a chat over tea and cakes
Keith leads the Local History Group on a tour of Darley Dale, their first face-to-face meeting since February 2020
Experience wine in the heart of Matlock with the Wine Tasting Group.
Recommencing from the 21st September
New members welcome!
New members always welcome in all our activity groups
Highlighting interesting features
On Wednesday 2nd June 2021. Matlock Area u3a joined in with the National initiative to celebrate what we do. See how it went….
Happy Snapper – Why not try our “Six of a Sort” photo challenge? Just send us six pictures on any theme of your choice. Follow the link to find out how you can join in. Or try Liz’s “Source these Stones” photo quiz.
See what Hall Leys Park was like in April 2020.
A haiku is a Japanese verse form most often composed, in English versions, of three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables. The nuthatch featured in the first set of Will’s Haikus. Here are six more for you to decipher.
See who has visited Ralph’s garden
This iconic building is of course Riber Castle. Here are the answers to the rest of the local buildings.
Missing the u3a Coffee Mornings?
Longing to meet up with friends, both old and new?
Matlock Area u3a invites all members to a ‘Picnic-in-the-Park’ on
Monday 6th September from 12 – 2pm
in the Park at Whitworth.
Bring your own chairs, food and beverages and a friend, and join us for a re-uniting of Matlock Area u3a
Covid-19 update. Lifting of restrictions.
Matlock Area u3a are providing the following guidance for Group Coordinators and individual members as restrictions are now being lifted.
‘Hands, face, space and fresh air’ is still relevant
1. Group Coordinators must complete an appropriate Risk Assessment for your group activity and submit this to the Groups Liaison Officer
2. Group Coordinators must share this Risk Assessment with their members so they know what to expect when attending a group activity
3. Members should consider their own circumstances before undertaking to join any activity
4. MAu3a Committee will not mandate that all members must be fully vaccinated to attend MAu3a activities. We would anticipate that any unvaccinated members take regular Lateral Flow Tests before attending any activities
Keeping in touch
- WhatsApp calls and Zoom Video Conferencing are enabling some groups to have short online meetings without face-to-face. Notes on Use of Zoom for Personal and MAU3A Communication (01/05/20). How to Share Screen in Zoom (09/02/21)
- Tools for Keeping in Touch (7/04/2020) (Discussion Forums, WhatsApp, Zoom, etc.)
- Access to Books, Film, TV, etc. in Lockdown