Welcome to the Matlock Area U3A
To find more information about the MAU3A and the local area as a new visitor or what’s happening if you are an existing member you can either choose from the full set of dropdown menu items above or select any of the shortcut buttons below.
The Matlock Mole
Uncovering group activities
Keeping in touch with our groups.
With the easing of lock down restrictions many of our groups are meeting again in small groups – both outside and inside.
Creative Writing Group
Explore your creativity and meet with
like-minded people once a month, in a positive and friendly atmosphere, to share your work and develop your skills.
Classic Novels….new group.
A study and discussion of novels that are considered classics by eminent critics – but by you?
Please contact Peter for further information
Get to grips with Earth’s materials, structures, processes and organisms and how they have changed over time with the Geology group
Highlighting interesting features.
New year! New Groups! New to you!
Mondays 16.30 – 17.30 at the Whitworth Centre, Darley Dale at a discounted rate!!
Please contact Linda if you are interested
Happy Snapper in and around Matlock
The walking group ‘bags’ Sir William Hill above Eyam.
Find out what this is all about on the inside page
Join the Derwent Dawdlers and view things differently
A welcome addition to the walking groups – ‘even shorter short-walks’ for those members who like it flat with no stiles. Take a look at their inside page for more details.
Happy Snapper – Why not try our “Six of a Sort” photo challenge? Just send us six pictures on any theme of your choice. Follow the link to find out how you can join in.
A haiku is a Japanese verse form most often composed, in English versions, of three unrhymed lines of five, seven, and five syllables. The nuthatch featured in the first set of Will’s Haikus. Here are six more for you to decipher.
Next Coffee Morning
Take a Break
Monday9th May 2022
10.30 – 12.00
Welcoming new and existing members.
Shorts Lounge, Matlock Football Club, Causeway Lane, Matlock
Covid-19 update. Lifting of restrictions.
Matlock Area u3a are providing the following guidance for Group Coordinators and individual members as restrictions are now being lifted.
‘Hands, face, space and fresh air’ is still relevant
1. Group Coordinators must complete an appropriate Risk Assessment for your group activity and submit this to the Groups Liaison Officer
2. Group Coordinators must share this Risk Assessment with their members so they know what to expect when attending a group activity
3. Members should consider their own circumstances before undertaking to join any activity
4. MAu3a Committee will not mandate that all members must be fully vaccinated to attend MAu3a activities. We would anticipate that any unvaccinated members take regular Lateral Flow Tests before attending any activities
Keeping in touch
- WhatsApp calls and Zoom Video Conferencing are enabling some groups to have short online meetings without face-to-face. Notes on Use of Zoom for Personal and MAU3A Communication (01/05/20). How to Share Screen in Zoom (09/02/21)
- Tools for Keeping in Touch (7/04/2020) (Discussion Forums, WhatsApp, Zoom, etc.)