Currently inactive – awaiting new co-ordinator. If interested, please contact the Groups Liaison Officer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Welcome to the new Matlock U3A Mindfulness Group.
It can be easy to rush through life without stopping to notice much. Mindfulness involves paying more attention to the present moment – to our own thoughts and feelings, and to the world around us – and can improve our mental wellbeing.
• to support each other to develop or to maintain a regular Mindfulness practice.
What we plan to do
• We will be learning together through the use of self-help materials.
• For the first 8 weeks we will broadly follow the programme set out in Mark Williams & Danny Penman 2011 ‘Mindfulness: A practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world’?
• Each session will start with a short mindfulness movement and breathing practice, followed by a longer meditation then a chance to talk about how you found the practice and ending with a drink and social chat.
• Our chairs are comfortable and the room heated but you may like to bring a cushion and/or a blanket for extra comfort.
We are not therapists or trained Mindfulness teachers; we are people who want to share our Mindfulness learning journey.
Who can join?
• The group is for anyone who wants to explore mindfulness, whether you are new to the idea, have may be done a little in the past or have a regular habit of practicing mindfulness meditation you will be welcome to join us.
• If you are not already a member of Matlock U3A you may come along to try us out for up to three session, if you wish to continue, we expect you to join (£10 per year)
When will we meet?
Was meeting weekly
• Monday 10am – 11am
• Tansley Community Hall, Church Street Tansley, DE4 5FE (There is a shallow step into the building, level access from hall to toilet)
• £2 each meeting contribution to room hire / tea / coffee.
• If numbers grow we will organise a second group at a different day, time and venue.
For more information
Awaiting new Group Co-ordinator
For the duration of the current global crisis you can join Meditainment (https://www.meditainment.com) for free and get unlimited access to a library of 20 unique guided meditation journeys.
Be Mindful is an NHS approved mindfulness course. Wellmind Health, the company behind the Be Mindful course is now offering a free meditation resource. Their Meditainment library of guided meditations is described as “a unique, exciting and relaxing visualisation experience; it’s meditation that takes you places, where each guided meditation takes you on a journey to an amazing imagined destination, promoting reduced stress and anxiety, better sleep and mood-boosting”.